Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Triathlon Training in Ireland

For some crazy reason, I thought it would be a fun idea to sign up for a "sprint triathlon" this summer in Ellington, CT. That means the next 10 weeks needs to include crazy training for it while living in Ireland!

The first day I went to the treadmill and was prepared to run one of my many 3.5 mile interval runs. Unfortunately, the speed was in kph instead of mph! After guessing a decent speed, I decided to just run at that speed for 30 mins. As I watched the distance climb, I thought I was going SO much faster than usual!!! It felt great! Until I realized the distance was in kilometers instead of miles..... turns out I didn't run 5.6 miles in 30 mins but only the usual 3.5..... such disappointment!

On a better note, the hotel has an amazing pool which has helped so much for the race! Have a lot of work ahead of me so I'll be swimming laps every other day (it's a lot harder than I expected!)

Can't wait until its warm enough to run the trails in the surrounding mountains :)

No comments:

Post a Comment