Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tea, Tea, and more Tea

Ireland hospitality cannot be described in words. From the minute the group of Mercyhurst students stepped off the plane, we were welcomed with open arms! The second day here, the 32 students were invited to attend an officially welcoming ceremony at the Dungarvan Civil Center. Members of the town council spoke to us and then we all attended a lunch-in with some authentic Irish step dancing!

The group at our welcoming lunch-in
The Civic Center
  I have been in Ireland for almost a week now and I have yet to see an unhappy Irishman! Everyone is always smiling and happy to see us! The middle of town even has a picture of Mercyhurst saying "Welcome Mercyhurst Students."

The hospitality in Ireland is incomparable to any other place I have visited. It is part of their culture to have any guests over for tea, so I am pretty sure by now I have drank by weight in tea! When we first arrived at the hotel, the manager gave us all tea and crackers while he introduced us to the facilities. Even our townhouses were already stocked with tea bags, milk, sugar, and a kettle. Before I came here, I was worried I would not be able to make my usual morning cup of tea before class... Now, tea is all I drink!
Oh, and the tea is much better here than back in the states ;)



I am absolutely in love with the incredible hospitality I have seen in Ireland!
Pretty sure it is impossible to be mad at an Irishman... they smile too much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment