Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Stay to the left!

Seems to be the theme of the weekend... Driving on the left side of the road is a lot harder than you would think!!!

My family came to Ireland this weekend to visit me, which means my dad had to learn how to drive a car here. I wouldn't think it would be this difficult, but it was quite the headache. Below are a few differences between driving in the states vs driving here

1. driving on the left side of the road instead of the right
2. The steering wheel is on the right side
3. Shifting is now with your left hand
4. A right turn is like making a left, while a left is now similar to making a right
5. The double yellow lines mark the sides of the road, and a single white line markes the middle
6. Street signs are in Gaelic first, followed by English
7. Roundabouts everywhere!! (Going clockwise instead of counter)
8. Everything is in kilometers!
9. Pass slow cars on the right
10. Street signs are on the left side of the road

I can officially say I've experienced the winding roads of west Ireland!



No comments:

Post a Comment