Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Blarney Stone

I have officially checked off the number 1 item of my bucket list..... KISS THE BLARNEY STONE!

Saturday, April 20, my four friends and I took a bus from Dungarvan to Cork. We explored Ireland's second largest city and did tons of shopping! The center of the city is filled of endless streets of stores, farmer's markets, and entertainment. We were fortunate enough to have beautiful weather, so we walked around and checked out the local shops.

After the city center, the five of us took another bus to get to the Blarney Castle. I have always wanted to kiss the Blarney Stone, so I was literally jumping up and down once we arrived! I practically ran up the 120 spiral staircase to get to the top and was the first to kiss the stone! With all the adrenaline I had, I wasn't even a little bit nervous! I laid down on my back, leaned my head over the edge, and gave the stone one giant kiss! Now I have the "Gift of Gab" =D

Once the five of us kissed the Stone, we ran around the gardens and found beautiful spots to take some pictures. The Castle is surrounded by flowers and little paths through the woods. We climbed down to a river and just had fun checking out the area on our own.

An hour or so later, the gardens closed down so we headed off to dinner! Near the Castle there was a huge Irish pub where we enjoyed traditional Irish food and beer. That same pub had live music at night which we all loved! The band played Irish music for hours and everyone in the pub was dancing! To make the pub experience even better, we were the only tourists there! All the locals LOVED our accents and were amazed that we were from America. We spent the whole night talking to each other and enjoying the atmosphere!







No comments:

Post a Comment