Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Festival of Food!

Today was the famous Festival of Food in Dungarvan! I've never been to a food festival before, so I was not  sure what to expect... but I can easily say that the day surpassed all my expectations!

I headed over to the festival at 10am to volunteer for a two hour shift. A friend and I stood at garbage cans to remind people to recycle and make sure all garbage is thrown in the appropriate bin. After that, we received a free t shirt and lunch from the town!

Once our work was over, it was time to explore the festival! The entire town square was closed down to cars and was PACKED with tents of food vendors. My friends and I walked around for over an hour getting free samples and checking out the Irish food. It is really cool how the majority of the food here is grown locally. All of the fruit and vegetables are incredible fresh and the desserts are super tasty  I even had my first crepe today and loved it! As much as I miss American food, the food in Ireland is way better.





No comments:

Post a Comment