Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Goodbye Ireland

Cannot believe the 10 weeks in Ireland are over already....

Leaving Dungarvan was incredibly difficult after the town had become our second home. Before we left, all the students were invited to a going away party at Merry's. This was the local pub where we spent our first night, and now it was our last. I'm so upset to be leaving this place, but never forgetting any of the memories which were created here. In only one term abroad, I made friends that will last a lifetime and had experiences  that I will always remember.

Before I landed in Ireland, I honestly had no idea what to expect or how I would be spending the next two and a half months. In that short amount of time, I managed to cross numerous items off my bucket list as well as add new items! I was lucky enough to run a 5K in Ireland, celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin, see the Cliffs of Moher, visit caves and tour a variety of different castles. Overall, I think my absolute favorite part of this trip was just seeing first-hand the Irish culture. I feel in love with the idea of pub life, Irish hospitality, traditional music, bed and breakfasts, and so much more! It is easy to call Dungarvan my home away from home. Living there for 10 weeks was an incredible opportunity which I will never forget. I am so grateful for this experience, and cannot thank everyone enough who helped make this possible! Ireland will always remain my favorite place, and I only hope I can come back here again at some point in my life!




No comments:

Post a Comment