Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Dungarvan Maritime Festival

This weekend will be the first annual Maritime Festival in Dungarvan! My roommate and I were lucky enough to be asked to join the crew of a tall ship as they sail into the bay for the festival! Yesterday, the two of us woke up nice and early and hoped on a small pontoon boat to head out to the Celtic Sea. I haven't been on a speed boat in almost a year so I felt like the happiest little kid!!

Once we reached the Keewaydin tall ship, Emily and I climbed on board! We met the crew and got to explore the 100 year old ship on our own. It took about an hour for the ship to sail into the bay, and then everyone on board helped to tie it off to the dock. As we sailed in, crowds of people lined up the docks to watch. It was really strange having so many people take pictures of the boat which we were on! Some locals were even ringing bells and cheering!

Sailing in on such a large ship was the best possible way to spend my first day of summer! It was also the first beautiful, spring day in Ireland :) I had such a fun time!!










No comments:

Post a Comment